Please attend the open house and provide feedback

Please attend one of the open houses listed below to learn more and provide your feedback:
  • Kamloops, December 3, 2013 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre, 1250 Rogers Way)
  • Kelowna, December 4, 2013 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Ramada Kelowna Hotel and Conference Centre, 2170 Harvey Avenue)
  • Prince George, January 7, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Prince George Ramada, 444 George Street)
  • Dawson Creek, January 8, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Best Western Dawson Creek, 500 Highway #2)
  • Vancouver, January 9, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, SFU Segal Centre, 500 Granville Street)
  • Cranbrook, January 14, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Conference Center, 209 Van Horne Street)
  • Nanaimo, January 15, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Bastion Inn, 11 Bastion Street)
  • Chilliwack, January 16, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Chilliwack Hotel, 45920 First Avenue)
Alternatively, you can provide your feedback online, as of November 29, 2014.
Or,
Write a submission to:
safetyandspeedreview@gov.bc.ca or
P.O. Box 3522 Vancouver Main, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 3Y4
Call toll-free: 1 855 974-1330

Comments

  1. Ian

    November 29, 2013

    Please accept my appreciation to you and your organization for presenting a calm and reasoned position on speed and traffic. I would like to offer a perspective which I think should be offered as a counter argument to the excessive rhetoric supporting the present constraints on our driving lives.

    During the Second World War in Britain a Major in charge of the motorcycle dispatch corps was troubled by the alarming rate of head injuries received by the riders during the course of their duties. He designed a simple helmet and instituted its use and head injuries dropped by over 95% immediately. Since then a significant and extraordinary amount of time and money has been expended chasing down the remaining 5%.

    By comparison today, a significant amount of time and public money is being spent pursuing a virtually microscopic segment of the driving world, enforcing speed laws, so called distracted driving, accidents, DWI, etc.; virtually microscopic in relation to the millions upon millions of motor vehicle trips – cars, trucks, busses, motorcycles, whatever on roads, lanes, freeways, bridges, overpasses, highways, byways, parkways and on and on – successfully completed, without incident, each and every day across the country.

    The bureaucracies overemphasize these razor thin issues in a feeding frenzy carefully crafted to maintain their budgets and confuse and sway public opinion. Countering with the vastly greater numbers of actual success is something which is not used to its fullest benefit, if at all.

    Some verifiable numbers and estimates of how well we actually accomplish this remarkable transportation achievement would go a long way towards balancing the arguments.

    Thanx again for your being there.
    RG

Add a comment

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed:
everything else is public relations.” – George Orwell
© 2015 SENSE BC – All rights reserved.