|Membership and cash donations...|
Please include the following information, as applicable (anonymous donations are accepted):NameIndicate if you would be interested in helping us in any of the following areas listed in the volunteering sections below...
Daytime, evening, and fax telephone numbers
It is imperative that the provincial government be made aware of the level of opposition to their policies on photo radar speed enforcement and the setting of speed limits.
Here is the wording of our petition: This petition of British Columbia Voters and other concerned citizens is to request the cancellation of the use of photo radar cameras on British Columbia Roadways. We request that speed limits be adjusted to reflect the speeds that the majority of drivers want to travel, thereby reducing speed variation and the necessity for unreasonable speeding fines. Your petitioners respectfully request that you immediately take such action as deemed appropriate.
- Download a copy of the petition. Formats available are Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word 6.0. If the file won't download, try holding your right mouse button and selecting "save..." Or, e-mail us and we will fax you a copy.
- Print out several copies of the petition. Please don't make any changes since maximum effectiveness requires that all the petitions sent to the provincial government be the same.
- Ask friends, neighbors, family and anyone else you can think of to sign the petition (you will find this the easy part since most people are very eager to sign and voice their opinion), or display them at local businesses.
- Return the signed petitions directly to SENSE at the address below (this address is also printed on the petitions). Signed petitions cannot be faxed in, they must be original signatures.
VolunteeringWe currently can use the following assistance:
- Newspaper and editorial letter writing -- regional
- Newsletter writing and production
- Research (elaborate in comments)